Cougar Camp 2021
Summer Reading Skills Program
Cougar of the month - Ice cream social 2021
March Cougars of the Month
Trooper Broadwater - 8th grade assembly on making smart choices
2021 Gateway Dance
2021 Kona Ice - PSSA Perfect Attendance Students
2021 JHS Breakfast
Google Classroom Parent Training Video
Video and Tips On Google Classroom for Parents and Students
Logging On To and Navigating Google Classroom
Virtual Recorded Attendance
Hello Families of Virtual Recorded Students!
Students must accept the invite into their Virtual Recorded Google Classroom.
Students must log in to the "YIMS Homeroom Virtual Recorded" classroom daily and complete the "Virtual Recorded Program Daily Attendance" Google Form to received credit for attendance for each day. You can not submit attendance for several days at the same time.
Students who do not log into the homeroom will be marked absent.
Parents must complete the absentee form on the website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Middle School Office!
Middle School Bell Schedule
Attached is the bell schedule for students to log in to virtual live classrooms! Bell Schedule.pdf
Virtual Log In Directions
Attached are the directions for all students for virtual instruction.
Google Classroom Directions
Attached are directions for using the Google Classroom. Google Class Directions.pdf
Yough School District is always in the process of updating our email database to be able to send important information out through our email system. Please either download and print the form listed below and return it to your child’s school or complete the form online using the link below for Google Docs.
Or complete the information online at:
10 Ways to Succeed!
10 WAYS TO SUCCEED
You don't need to be the smartest or most talented person to achieve success in life. Often it's the seemingly simple things that can make a significant difference. These 10 things are things anyone can do. They don't cost money but they do require desire and effort.
- Be On Time– Honor others by respecting their time. Earning respect starts by giving it.
- Show Up and Do the Work- If they praise you, show up and do the work. If they criticize you, show up and do the work. If no one even notices you, just show up and do the work. Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way.
- Give Your Best In All That You Do – It doesn't matter what everyone else is or isn't doing. Focus on your contribution every day. When you give your best, you'll inspire others to give their best too.
- Be Positively Contagious- Your attitude is contagious. Look for opportunities to encourage and uplift those around you.
- Have an Attitude of Gratitude– Every day we have a choice. We can choose to be grateful and see the good in all that we have or we can let anger, fear, doubt, and insecurities rob us of our joy and the life we're meant to live. The choice is yours today.
- Seek Solutions vs. Dwelling on Problems– How you see the world determines the world you see. When you seek solutions you see a world of possibilities and are able to overcome challenges.
- Have Passion– Passion fuels your purpose. The strongest may survive but it is the passionate that will thrive. Get excited today!
- Be Coachable - Stay humble and hungry and be a lifelong learner. The best of the best are always striving to get better and so should you.
- Do More Than What’s Required– Average effort generates average results. If you want more, do more. Even a little extra each day can create big results over time.
- Believe in Yourself– Stop listening to the self-sabotaging voices in your mind. Talk to yourself and feed the positive instead of listening to negative. You matter. You are capable. You can do great things. You are here for a reason!
Be Your Best Everyday! We Believe in You!
From Your Yough Middle School Principals, Teachers and Staff!
“I LOVE THE MIDDLE SCHOOL!”
New Student Registration
YIMS and District Information
171 State Route 31
Ruffsdale, PA 15679
Yough School District
915 Lowber Road
Herminie, PA 15637